Central / Colaba
The Central branch has been ‘a happening place’ since inception in 1903. Over the years, activities have grown manifold. From providing a ‘home away from home’ for young men seeking a career in this city, the Central branch has a wide range of activities to offer to people of all age groups, not to mention the underprivileged people.
Hostel for Working Men, Guest House for Families, Conference Facilities, Family Guest Room Facility, Tourists
Fitness Centre, Gymnasium, Basketball, Table Tennis, Carrom, Chess, Roller Skating, Karate, Piano classes, Violin & Guitar Classes Balwadi, Typing Classes, Dance, Gymnastics & Counselling. Sailing has been recently added through a partnership.
Bombay YMCA Central Branch ACTIVITIES
|Table Tennis||09.30 am to 11.30 pm||Saturday & Sunday||Monthly Rs. 1000/- + Membership|
|Quarterly Rs. 2800/- + Membership|
|Roller Skating||5.30 pm to 6.45 pm||Monday , Wednesday & Friday||Monthly Rs. 1000/- + Membership|
|Quarterly Rs. 2800/- + Membership|
|Karate||5.30 pm to 7.30 pm (1 hr batches)||Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday||Monthly Rs. 800/- + Membership|
|Basketball||5.30 pm to 6.30 pm||Monday, Wednesday, Friday,
|Monthly 3 Days Rs. 980/-+ Membership|
|Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday.||Monthly 6 Days Rs. 1150/- + Membership|
|or||Quarterly 3 Days Rs. 2500/- + Membership|
|Monday to Saturday||Quarterly 6 Days Rs. 3000/- + Membership|
( Once a Week)
|4.30 pm to 9.00 pm||Friday||Monthly Rs. 1200/- + Membership|
|9.45 am to 1.00pm||Quarterly Rs. 3300/- + Membership|
|Guitar / Violin
( Once a Week)
|4.00 to 8.00 pm (1 hr Batches)||Friday or Saturday||Monthly Rs.1150/- + Membership|
|Quarterly Rs. 3150/- + Membership|
|Gymnastics||Monthly Rs./- + Membership|
|Quarterly Rs./- + Membership|
|Dance||9.30 am to 11.30 am||Sundays||Monthly Rs. 1670/- + Membership|
|Quarterly Rs. 4600/- + Membership|
|Gym & Fitness Centre (UNISEX)||6am to 9.30pm||Monday To Saturday.||Yearly Rs. 9500/- + Membership|
|Half Yearly Rs. 5400/- + Membership
Quarterly Rs. 2900/- + Membership
|Typing Class (GCD)||8.00 am to 8.00 pm||Monday To Friday.||Monthly Rs. 250/-|
Bombay YMCA Central Branch Accommodation at Colaba, Mumbai 400001
- FOR SHORT TERM TOURISTS & VISITORS:
|A/C Guest House||Licence Fee|
|Double Room with Attached Bath Including Tax||Rs. 3140/-Per day|
|Extra Person/Mattress||Rs. 650/- Per day|
- The above Licence Fee and other charges are inclusive of GST, Electricity Charges and complimentary Breakfast and Room Services.
2. Membership Fee of Rs.140/- (3 months) will be charged extra..
- Reservation Timing: 09:00 hrs to 16:30 hrs on all working days.
2. Booking will be confirmed only on receipt of one day’s Advance deposit. Balance to be paid on arrival.
3. Confirmed bookings are applicable only for the day of reservation.
4. If reservation is requested for arrival prior to check-in-time, charges will be levied from previous night.
Less than 24 hours Notice from Check in time – One Day`s Charges.
Notice of 24 Hours but Less than 7 days from Check-in date- 50% of One Day`s Charges.
Notice of 7 Days and over from Check-in date- 25% of One Day`s Charges.
All accounts to be settled in CASH / Credit Card only.
Check In Time: 12: 00 Noon and
Check Out Time: 11:30 am
Note: Being a Heritage Building, we do not have Lift facilities for the guest rooms.
- Complimentary Morning Breakfast will be served between 8:00 am to 8:30 am only.
2. Telephone in all rooms with incoming call facilities. Phone No. : 022 22826384/ 22020079
3. Multi Channel Colour Television in all rooms.
4. Laundry Facility on cash payment.
5. Complimentary Wi-Fi Facility.
- FOR LONG TERM WORKING MEN – HOSTEL FACILITY (Min 6 months) :
|Room Type||Room Tariff|
|Single Occupancy||Rs. 525/-Per day|
|Double sharing rooms.||Rs. 400/- Per day|
|3 and 4 sharing rooms.||Rs. 360/- Per day|
Procedure for applying for Working Men’s Hostel:
- An application addressed to The Secretary (Hostel), Central YMCA stating reason for accommodation at YMCA, Period of stay required (Maximum allowed is 2years) and Nature of work.
- Copy of Appointment letter and Salary Certificate
- Reference letters from two local contacts or relatives, stating they can be contacted in case of emergencies, with their complete office/residence address and contact numbers.
- 2 passport size photographs
- Medical condition that requires our attention (if any)
Minimum waiting period is 6 months after the application is received. Before the seat is allotted you will be required to submit an Affidavit executed before the Metropolitan Magistrate.
Note: Room fee only covers accommodation. We have a Canteen that provides Breakfast and Dinner at nominal costs which will be charged separately. (Lunch not provided).
The Hostel rooms are furnished with bed, table, chair and cupboard. There are common bathroom and toilets on each floor. Drinking and Smoking is strictly prohibited inside the hostel premises.
Conference Halls Facility
|Morning (9.00am to 5.30pm)||
Evening (every 2 hrs. after
|Meeting Place ( Capacity 100)|
|Hall Charges (including GST)||9440||4720|
|Seminar Room (Capacity 60)|
|Hall Charges (including GST)||7080||4130|
|Board Room (Capacity 25)|
|Hall Charges (including GST)||4720||3540|
|Cordless Mike (including GST)||710||710|
|LCD Projector (including GST)||1594||1594|
|LCD TV (including GST)||1594||1594|
|Collar Mike (including GST)||710||710|
* Lunch Charges Rs.315/- (including GST @ 18% charges) minimum number of required for lunch facilities is 20 Nos. Lunch charges included Morning & Evening Tea/ Coffee and Biscuits.
** Hall charges include Sound System, Microphone, White Board & Screen.
*No Extra charges for Tables & Chairs.
- Booking is confirmed only if given in writing.
- Outside food and services not allowed.
- Confirmation against Full Advance, Membership compulsory.
- Retention will be charged @ 50% of Hall charges as cancellation.
- Full Amount of catering charges will be levied if cancellation notice given is less than 48 Hours.
The site of the Apollo Bunder premises was originally given to the YMCA on a free lease by the Government in 1881. Things changed with the passing of the Bombay Improvement Trust Act in 1898.
The Board arranged to take on 99 years’ lease from 1904 a plot of land measuring 2250 sq. yards on the Wellington Lines Estate on Wodehouse Road. The opening ceremony of the building took place on September 25, 1906, at the hands of Governor Lamington, Governor of Bombay.
The Wodehouse branch was renamed as Central branch in 1908 as most of the activities were Centred thereand it was also the headquarters of Bombay YMCA from where the General Secretaries functioned.
With the opening of the new building the headquarters of the Bombay YMCA was shifted from Apollo Bunder to the Central branch and remained there for the next 66 years, till it got shifted to YMCA International House.
Bombay YMCA Central Branch is located in South Mumbai.
- 1.5 km from Chatrapati Shivaji Terminus (CST), Central Railway.
- 5 Kms from Mumbai Central Terminus, Western Railway.
- 24 Kms from Santacruz Airport(Domestic)
- 28 Kms from Sahar Airport(International)
- 0.5 Km from Ballard Pier
- 0.2 Km from Gateway of India
12, Nathalal Parekh Marg
Mumbai – 400 039
Tel: +91 22 2202-0079 / 2282-6384
Fax: +91 22 2282-8314